Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fears Eased

After a reassuring word from my company president, I now have a renewed sense of trust and optimism. He said he would meet with me this week to discuss my letter, and from the looks of it, my past dread seems like paranoia now. I'm exercising flexibility of thought and have already released myself from the previous strong attachment to the pilgrimage in case I am given an ultimatum. I'm not giving up, but I am also willing to consider all angles. I have to survive financially, be realistic and most importantly, be respectful to others.
That's the thing about taking big risks. You never know how others are going to take it. Considering the tight atmosphere in the United States right now, I think most people wouldn't even consider such a proposal such as mine. But I see another side to our constricting economy and that is this: it is my belief that people are wanting something more than consumerism. I know I am searching for a deeper meaning to existence, and I feel that as a whole, a new kind of culture has to emerge from the ashes of the past. The future has to be reinvented.
I'm a little nervous about the meeting with the CEO, but not as much as one would think.
When true passion and drive is present, others can sense this energy. So far my passions have led me in the correct direction. I'd like to continue to let this passion flow until it spills out in great bursts. I just hope others understand me and that I articulate my ideas in a clear manner.

No comments: