Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shopdropping in Downtown San Diego







Tonight I shopdropped in downtown San Diego. I first hit a drug store in Horton Plaza, then walked to Borders where I placed my Patron Saint Postcard into all the PostSecret books. After that, I shopdropped a few more on the racks of a tourist shop. 
My reasons for shopdropping (or reverse shoplifting) are different from others. I have a compulsion that seems to just take over whenever I pass a rack of postcards. I have been shopdropping on and off for many months and have decided to document this phenomena. 
Another reason I do this is because I used to shoplift as a teenager and I want to reverse all the bad karma I have accumulated from criminal activities of the past. I do not shoplift anymore, I have successfully replaced a lot of my bad compulsions with good ones. I still get a rush from putting my postcards into stores. I feel like I am doing community service now, because my Youtube channel: Stellabelle is printed on the back of the postcards and this channel is dedicated to showing the people a new perspective on life. I enjoy meeting as many people as possible and helping spread messages that never make it to mainstream media.

After feeling a sense of relief and glee that I was able to do this without any difficulty, I walked back to Horton Plaza and ran into a man with a skateboarding parrot named San Diego's Brat. I took this to mean that I did the correct thing for the evening.

1 comment:

Judy Lewd said...

sweet, i totally love this so much.